In this role you will own the overall quality of the player combat experience in a 3rd person, open-world action/adventure game.
- Collaborate with Directors, leads and other disciplines to execute the overall vision for the game.
- Contribute to the overall game design through creating, iterating, balancing and polishing gameplay.
- Regularly prove out ideas through prototyping.
- Establish and document processes, design metrics and systems.
- Always keep the player in mind by designing around the players' experience.
- An in-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine.
- Understanding and familiarity designing AI behaviors.
- Experience with game scripting (blueprints).
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and design goals to others.
- Possess excellent documentation skills.
- Knowledge of modern combat design.
- Being comfortable with iterative designing.
- 2+ years of experience working on gameplay or combat.
- Shipped at least 1 title in Unreal Engine.
- A deep passion for video games.
Nice to Haves:
- In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine's Gameplay Ability System.
- Experience working in Confluence and Jira.
- Some knowledge of and experience with working in Unreal 5.
Why Zapper Games?
We want you to enjoy crafting amazing player experiences and have fun times creating games you can be proud of. We also know that making games is hard work and that’s why we offer a generous benefits package to make sure our team members are properly taken care of. Here’s what you can expect from us.
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance (No Premiums!)
Four weeks paid vacation.
Paid time off the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Zapper games is part of Amplifier Game Invest which is a subsidiary of the Embracer Group. This group brings players some of the biggest games on the market and we are beyond excited to have their amazing support.